A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past is a game that was released for the Super Nintendo Entertainment system in 1992. In 2003, a Gameboy Advance port was released as A Link to the Past and Four Swords, which includes the game Four Swords.
Influences to Zelda Classic
A Link to the Past brought the following mechanics to Zelda Classic:
- The Mirror Shield.
- The Master Sword.
- The Slash ability.
- The Super Bomb.
- A Quest Rule that makes Arrows use their own counter instead of the Rupee Counter.
- The View Overworld Map By Pressing 'Map' DMap flag.
- The Hookshot.
- The Flippers.
- The Boss Key.
- Heart Container Pieces.
- In this game, the Hammer which originates from The Adventure of Link doubles as a melee weapon
- The L3 Bracelet item, which was labeled as the L2 Bracelet in 2.10 and lower.
- The 1/2 Magic Upgrade Room Type
- Boulder Enemy
- Constant Traps
- Bombs Hurt Quest Rule
- Bomb and Arrow Ammunition items
- New Boomerang/Hookshot Rule
- The Cane of Byrna
- Level Keys
- Spin Attack Technique
- Spinning Tile Enemies
- The following Rupee Ammunitions: 20, 50, 100
- The ability to make the Wand and Magic Book items' Magic Sprite match that of the Fire Rod via the item editor
- The Quest Rule 'Burn Flags Are Triggered Instantly', which makes Fire Magic from the Magic Book trigger burn combos as it flies across the screen.