Version 1.92 beta 165
by War Lord | Dec 6, 2016
- Fixed a bug where undercombs would use the cset for the original combo instead of their own cset.
- New Quest Rule (page 2) – Hide Carried Items: If an enemy is carrying an item (from the “Enemy carries item” enemy flag), then the item is invisible and you can’t grab it by just touching the enemy. This makes it similar to the “Enemies->Item” screen flag, except it only applies to the enemy carrying the item (the item will show up if that enemy is killed instead of all of the enemies).
- New Quest Rule (page 4) – Translucent Ghini 2’s: Makes the invulnerable ghinis released from graves translucent (you can see things through them, but you can see them, too).
- New Quest Rule (page 4) – Z3-Style Brang/HShot: Makes the boomerang and hookshot behave more like they do in Zelda 3. For instance, normally, when you throw the boomerang at an item, when the boomerang touches the item, you get the item immediately. With this rule on, the boomerang will return to you upon touching an item, dragging the item along with it. If you leave the screen before the boomerang returns with the item, you won’t get it. Also, with this rule on, arrows won’t collect items. Also, the boomerang and hookshot will now be able to deflect some projectiles, depending on their relative strengths. The hookshot will block these projectiles: fireball, sword, boomerang, arrow (spear), and rock. The wooden boomerang will block these projectiles: boomerang, arrow (spear), rock (basically, it acts like Link’s small shield). The magic boomerang will block these projectiles: fireball, sword, boomerang, arrow (spear), rock, and magic (like the magic shield does). The fire boomerang will block the same ones as the magic boomerang, and will reflect the fireball and magic (like the mirror shield does).
- New Quest Rule (page 4) – No Melee Wpn Grabbing: If you turn this rule on, you won’t be able to grab items by hitting them with the sword, wand, or hammer.
- Used a new program compressor to make the programs a little smaller.
- Update ZQuest.txt so JayeM doesn’t have to.
- Fixed (for real, this time, I hope) the bug that makes DMap intro strings not show up sometimes, show up more than once, freeze Link and not unfreeze him, etc.